Adult Coloring helped me!


According to CNN Health that Adult coloring has a therapeutic potential to reduce anxiety, create focus or bring about more mindfulness. Like meditation, coloring allows the brain to switch off other thoughts and focus.

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/06/health/adult-coloring-books-popularity-mental-health/index.html

Let me tell you about my little secret before I started into Adult coloring which I am shy to tell to anyone, I am telling this to you now in order for you to understand better why Adult Coloring has helped me get through.

In the past 2 years I experience different big events in my life, like lost of love ones, betrayal from my trusted family members then followed by leaving my son in my home town (he chose to live there) and moved in Japan, followed by moving again to another city and again will move by the end of the month. My life totally changed, from being so friendly, I have no one else to talk to but my husband. Yet Language barrier lead me to huge frustrations, I have never had a chance to just let my feelings out. So stress, anxiety, depression got bigger and it came to a point I was already loosing it like I was once went to a place not knowing how I arrived there. And at the same time I lost interest on everything and so on…

I cannot remember how it happened that I ended up watching Art videos and felt that I want to drawn or color again. After days of searching on the internet on what would be a great idea to make my mind busy, and found Adult Coloring.

September 2019 I bought this cheap coloring book and colored pencils to try it out. It was around 200¥ around $2.


And this was my first attempt

As soon as I finished this page made me feel happy and love how it turned out. As soon as I uploaded it on my Instagram account, I gain a lot of comments and messages welcoming me to adult coloring! It was fun and it boosted my self-esteem which until now made me want to learn more and excel more from coloring. Now I can say I am back to a normal life and less drama. I met a lot of lovely people all around the world. Receiving advice, comfort and so much support from the community is one of the best feeling. Now I am waking up happy and productive. I want to create more and I want to share more happy colorings!

If you have any question feel free to message me or just comment what ever you want to say.

Take care and Stay safe!



No comments:

Post a Comment