Coloring Dark Skin

 

Today I'll going to share to you on how I have colored a dark skin coloring a page from the Artist/ Illustrator Monja Michelle Gates

Monja Gates is one of my favorite artists, she also do live streaming on her own YouTube channel which inspires me to color portraits with realistic look, although I am still learning how to do it, but I am still going to share how I have colored this page! 

Last March there is a color along on Instagram called #MonjaMarch which is hosted by a very talented colorist - AmazonTammy who is based in Australia

Here's her YouTube Channel and Instagram, I definitely recommend her channel as she is very great and fast at coloring, also a fun and very sweet person.


Amazon Tammy

YouTube

Instagram


I have dedicated the whole month of March for Monja Gates, and Monja was so generous enough to give a giveaway of a page from her Etsy as a prize which I am very grateful!

The page that I am going to show you is a page from the book Color My Dream 2 (Released Date: 2020/1/23)


Here's a Video Flip through of the book



On this project I used Prismacolor Premier


Part 1




Part 2



Part 3




Part 4


As a bonus, here's a bonus on how I blended the whole page using a baby oil and a blender stamp


which I find it helpful with low budget but effective way of blending the colored pencil to this book.

And here's the finished Image

I hope you find it helpful and if you have any question, don't hesitate to do so. 

Thank you and have a wonderful day!





No comments:

Post a Comment